Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I just purchased a 2004 mini and the drivers side actuator

Customer Question

Hello, i just purchased a 2004 mini and the drivers side actuator was not working. I read on many sites to replace it. I bought a new actuator and this has not fixed 5he problem. At first i thought it did, i drove off after replacing it and the doors auto locked. I made sure by stopping, unlocking them them driving off and the doors locked. After that the drivers door quit responding. Not to the key fob, the central locking system or when i open the door from the exterior the window does not respond either. Any help would be appreciated, this is going to be a Christmas gift for my daughter. Thank you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, I need to get the vin number to the vehicle to pull up the wiring schematics as well as check for any related technical service bulletins

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Good morning Eric, thank you for taking my question. the VIN# *****: WMWRC33424TJ60381
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

Ok, there is a service bulletin out on this. The common failure is the general module control unit, located behind the right side kick panel(see attached photo). This would need to be verified with a scan tool and replaced if verified. It would need to be programmed with a scan tool after installation

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry about that, i believe i need more time. I need to get a diagnostic done to answer. I was looking for a service center to scan it to confirm. It seems like the most logical conclusion since I already replaced the actuator.
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

Ok, sounds good