eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech 15 + years foreign domestic & european
6149662

BMW X5 E53 FAULT CODE PO733 WARNING ON DASH, TRANSMISSION

Customer Question

BMW X5 E53 FAULT CODE PO733 WARNING ON DASH, TRANSMISSION FAIL SAFE PROGRAME WHAT ARE THE POSIBBLE CAUSES
Category: BMW
Expert:  eauto replied 11 months ago.

is it shifting normal? how many miles?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
HI,NO NOT SHIFTING IT GOES FROM 2nd to3rd AND JUST STAYES IN 3rd,mileage is ,89,000 miles
Expert:  eauto replied 11 months ago.

that is a code that 99 percent of the time is caused by internal wear in the trans.. rebuild or replacement is likely the cure

Expert:  eauto replied 11 months ago.

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you