peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I have an anti theft device model sk01 tt1900 installed on

Customer Question

i have an anti theft device model sk01 tt1900 installed on my 2002 mini cooper. I want to add a second key. the key has been programmed by the mini dealer and will lock and unlock the vehicle but will not start the car. when the car is unlocked using the orginal key then the second key will start the car. I do not have the installation booklet from the anti theft device. is there a way to make the second key work properly?
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You will most likely need to visit an auto accessory/alarm install facility to see what they can tell you on how this is done or to see if they can program this properly for you.Since there are so many different model anti theft components there are different programming features and this is usually the best way to get what you need on this here.If this was already attempted or is attempted with no success let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete