Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

The vehicle is an '08, 535i, with the 3.5 in line six.

Customer Question

Hi Peter, The vehicle is an '08, 535i, with the 3.5 in line six. Does the anti-surge valve also serve as the boost elimination valve? It would not seem big enough to do so. I have experienced a completely dislodged valve on smaller motors and still able
to make moderate boost at higher revs. I would expect a boost elimination valve to be closer to the turbos, and bigger, but as of yet I cannot find it. A recent surgery on neck discs handicaps my search efforts. The 5 was just purchased a couple weeks ago,
so i'm still trying to find my way around it. The onset of the problem occurred immediately after replacing the starter motor, water pump and thermostat. This would hint that I failed to hook up something, but I've yet to find a loose end. The nature of any
vac control valve should require a vac storage can in order to operate when the manifold reaches atmo pressure. I do find a can that looks as if it does this function. As a temporary fix, why can't I sever the signal? It then might function as a boost limiter,
but not an eliminator. If, by chance, the anti-surge valve also does the boost elim job, why not remove its signal also? I can put up with some surge noise until fixed properly. Not exactly pertinent, but I enjoy this machine immensely. Especially so on the
western roads here in Texas. Thank you and kind regards, ***** *****
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 12 months ago.

Is this the valve you are speaking of here https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcj9y7x1fgkdr9x/va-12-06.gif?dl=0?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No Sir. I 've not found the valve shown. Where is it?
Corky

I apologize.With my info being limited on this here I will have to see if anyone else can assist further.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete