sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2007 750li. the hood release will not work, i cant

Customer Question

I have a 2007 750li. the hood release will not work, i cant get into the engine compartment. i brought to a bmw mechanic. he now says the airbag light is on. it was not on when i brought him the car. he swears it was. he says it has been on for 1000 plus miles. Is there something he could have done while trying to open the hood? I want him to show me the fault and where it lists the length of time the light has been on. is there anything i need to know
Category: BMW
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

It's possible that damage was done when attempting to open the hood. Depending on what was done and where, it's possible that wiring may have been hit or pinched, other than that none of the actual physical system components should really have been affected.

As long as the fault code hasn't been cleared then they'll be able to show you on the screen how long the code has been set. Engine, airbag and ABS systems at the least, and often other systems, will record data about low long a code has been set. Different systems and different vehicles will display information ranging from how many minutes, key cycles, or miles a code has been set. As long as they didn't clear the fault code then they'd be able to show you if it truly had been stored for 1000 miles.