Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

I have a 2001 x5 4.4 sport. The rear off side suspension

Customer Question

Hello
I have a 2001 x5 4.4 sport. The rear off side suspension sits 52mm higher than the rear near side .the front nearside sits 33mm lower than the front offside. This sometimes corrects itself and the car looks level but only if suspension inactive Is flashing and it has a red arrow either side of the message. If the message has one flashing arrow to the right the car sits unlevel at the rear the same side as the arrow. The car feels hard over all bumps in roars no matter how small.
Any ideas would be much appreciated. The message will go on and off upto 3-4 times in a 30 min journey but the ride isn't any better ..
Regards Kieran
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
What faults are logged in the car's computer fault memory when read with a bmw scan tool?