peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

Installing a CD changer in a 2006 BMW X5 with nav
, I

Customer Question

Customer: installing a CD changer in a 2006 BMW X5 with nav
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was told it just plugs in but I cant find any unused cables
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to BMW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yep
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

On some models it may not be pre wired for the cd changer as some models come pre wired in some cases and in other cases they may not be pre wired.In this case you would want to speak with a dealer with your vehicles VIN number to see if they can tell you if it is pre wired or if they can get you the correct wiring and components you need to make this work.

After it is installed a dealer may have to program some of the computers/control units for it to operate properly.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete