peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I have replaced the compressor in my 2009 BMW X5 30i but

Customer Question

I have replaced the compressor in my 2009 BMW X5 30i but when I turn the AC on the fan is very loud. please any advise on what will be the reason of that loud noise
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If this is the interior fan that blows the air through the vents the loud noise usually comes from either worn bearings with the heater/ac fan blower motor itself with the heater/ac fan blower motor needing replaced or in some cases debris makes its way into the fan motor cage and causes an imbalance which causes this noise here.

The fan motor assembly would need removed to inspect it internally to see if there is any debris in it.If there is no debris in it then it needs replaced.If there is debris in it then it needs cleaned out and then reinstalled to correct this here.

If this is the engine fan motor that is loud and wasnt an issue before let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is the engine fan that make noise and it wasn't noisy before

O.k.,when the compressor was replaced was the correct amount of freon installed in the ac system?

Is the engine temp gauge reading properly on the dash (if equipped)?