Kevin
Kevin, BMW Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

I have a 2004 BMW X5, VIN 5UXFA93594LE81049. I'm getting

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2004 BMW X5, VIN 5UXFA93594LE81049. I'm getting a message auto air suspension inactive. Scanned for fault codes: getting a code: 74 ACCUMULATOR PRESSURE REMAINS CONSTANT, (ACCUMULATOR FILLING REQUESTED). If I clear the code the compressor
will come on and will build pressure in the accumulator to 220 psi. If you drive the vehicle for a day the suspension message auto air suspension inactive will be displayed again and the code 74 returns. When you look at the accumulator pressure when the system
is in the inactive mode the pressure is between 130 to 160 psi. The vehicle height remains the same at all wheels and I can't find any leaks. I can command the compressor on with a scan tool, but the pressure increase seems slow.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi im kevin 9/10 this is the result of a weak pump .the car is saying the pump is running but the pressure doesnt come up quick enough so the car shuts system down as it thinks it has a leak .before replacing have battery tested as a weak battery can also cause this type of fault