Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Sound on 335i stopped....got a line through the speaker

Customer Question

Sound on 335i stopped....got a line through the speaker sound icon like it's muted but can't remove that line
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
what diagnostics have been carried out so far?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The system was tested by an audio shop and the system is on, just acting like its muted
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried to reset radio and nothing changed except equalizer settings ect...
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
sorry for the delay
if you are positive that you have not muted it then you likely have a software issue or a failed amp
you can try unhooking the vehicle battery for an hour to reboot the system but if that does not work the next step will be a fault/software scan
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.