Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

My 2008 Mini covertable exterior side mirrors won't stay out

Customer Question

My 2008 Mini Cooper covertable exterior side mirrors won't stay out of the tucked in position
Category: BMW
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

what you can do is pull fuse F20 or the second down from the top in the middle row. this will disable the folding function for now

I think the issue is most likely a faulty mirror switch as the contacts are prone to corrosion , if you disconnect the switch and clean the connection pins and check the wiring for damage

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.