peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I have 2001 X5 E53 the abs and traction control lights are

Customer Question

I have 2001 X5 E53 the abs and traction control lights are on. The error codes are:
90 Intermittent system down
81 Pressure sensor circuit
128 Brakes too hot.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and see if any of the brakes are dragging as this can cause a pressure sensor fault as the brake fluid can heat up and cause pressure build up as well as the brakes getting to hot.Usually this will be caused by either brake calipers hanging up or an issue with the brake rotors possibly being warped contacting the brake pads applying slight pressure.I suspect one of these will be the cause here needing replaced to correct this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already know the problem about brakes. My question is about the pressure sensor circuit. If you can help me with pressure sensore circuit that would be helpful.

Unfortunately my info doesnt list this code for this model here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete