peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

2005 320d e90 turns over but won't start

Customer Question

Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you can follow the brown earth wire and see if you find any breaks in it or high corrosion causing this fault here.A poor ground can cause all of the issues here.Check the battery ground cable at the battery as well as to where the cable runs and connects to to see if there is any loose or corroded connections causing this fault needing repaired.If a fault is found it will need corrected to resolve this issue.If this was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete
Had Already put in a new earth with no improvement

Was this a new earth from the battery to the engine or body?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No ,it was from the Ecu relay to the body and since it made no difference it was removed again. Now fitted a new battery and the car appears to not recognise the key fob although the remote locking is operating. I have to say that you are talking fairy basic stuff here and don't give me much confidence for a solution.
A BMW technician will look at the car today so thanks for attempt but definitely not worth £19 which I was asked to pay and I see no point in continuing.

I apologize for the delay as I was off line this last weekend.I apologize my info hasnt helped here.I saw no one else had responded here and thought I would see if I could help in any way.If there is anything else I can do here let me know.I can also open your question up for someone else here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete