Kevin
Kevin, BMW Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

Yesterday morning my 2006 BMW failed to start. In the

Customer Question

Yesterday morning my 2006 BMW failed to start. In the evening it turned over right away. This morning it turned over right away. I don't think the battery has been replaced since I bought it. Should I go ahead and drive it today, or should I call AAA and have them put in a new one? Thank you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm kevin you say car didn't start what did it actually do ? We're the dash lights normal ? Did engine try and turn ? How did you get it running later

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Note: I did find a receipt for a new battery replaced in March 2014. Hi Kevin, When I inserted the key the dash lights came on as did the radio. I did nothing until after lunch and then the car started immediately.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was no sound of it attempting to turn over or "grinding".
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Ok it certainly points towards a battery issue or a starter solonoid sticking I would start by having battery test done as your battery should still be under warrenty

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Did you get car running ?