Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years Fixing Cars and Trucks
7276279

ON MY 2014 MINI S AUTOMATIC THE SHIFTER KNOB. WHEN I YANK ON

Customer Question

ON MY 2014 MINI COOPER S AUTOMATIC IM REPLACING THE SHIFTER KNOB.
WHEN I YANK ON OLD KNOB THE WHOLE THING COMES OFF LONG ROD INCLUDED I NEED THATLONG ROD FOR MY NEW KNOB TO PUT MY CAR IN GEAR. DO I TAKE THAT ROD OFF THE ORIGINAL KNOB?
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The knob is likely stuck on the rod because its glued on and you are going to need to get the knob off of the rod, reinstall it and then install the knob on the rod. Mini has released a service bulletin for replacing the knob as well. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Shift%20knob%20Nov%2015.pdf