Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

My x3 have no power at all, did I blow something up while

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** x3 have no power at all, did I blow something up while trying to jump.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
what exactly did you do while trying to jump?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used a portable starter, I think when I pull out the negative out from the nut it spark. then I have no power what so ever even when I use the jumper cable to my truck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what happen are you still there
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
what exactly have you checked so far?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I check the fuses, but they weren't blown
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
I would suspect that you have caused melting at one of the electrical system connection points or melting where the battery cable connects to the fuse panel.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see any sign of melting anywhere when I trace the cables to the fuse box. how can I rate you when this does nothing to help me
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hello Maul,

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to see if I can help you. Do you still need help with this problem? If so do you have a volt meter? And can you provide the last seven digits of the VIN number?