Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2006 BMW 325i that surges at idle. Any suggestions

Customer Question

I have a 2006 BMW 325i that surges at idle. Any suggestions to where to start? Our local BMW dealer stated it could have something with the Bosch Coils.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
surging at idle would commonly be due to an intake air leak, failed crankcase vent valve or issue wit the eccentric shaft sensor
if you still have the original coils, it would be a good idea to replace them, but they are not a common cause of idle surge.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.