Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Regarding the BMW 3 series, 2014 model. Can a vehicle

Customer Question

Regarding the BMW 3 series, 2014 model.
Can a vehicle driving at 30 MPH bend the door bars if this vehicle collides with the BMW?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
Please do not forget to click on a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer
The answer is yes, it could bend the door bars.
Please do not forget to click on a positive rating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed computers. Hopefully this one will not give me those issues. What other information do you need to answer my question?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I have already answered your question. The answer is "yes" - it could bend the bars. As the question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer: "The answer is yes, it could bend the door bars." Is not very informative to me. What is the minimum speed that the door bar can be bent?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
is a complete and accurate to the question that was asked. Bmw does not publish a minimum speed for the bars to bend. As the question has been completely answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an appointment with BMW tomorrow. I will provide a rating after I get their response. Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
If you would like to follow up tomorrow you can do so for no additional charge after selecting a positive rating. As the question has been answered, please kindly select a positive rating so that I receive proper credit for my time and answer.