Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2011 bmw x5 alarm sounds reason...started initially by

Customer Question

2011 bmw x5 alarm sounds for no reason...started initially by signaling while stopped and or driving that a door was ajar or opened. That stopped but now the alarm goes off peroidcally after locking..
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
This happens when one of the alarm sensors is faulty and signals that the car is being broken into.
If you were getting door open warnings, then it is likely the door sensor that is faulty. The sensor is built into the door lock, so the lock will need to be replaced.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.