Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years Fixing Cars and Trucks
7276279

Ac not blowing on driver side .. But blows on passenger a

Customer Question

Ac not blowing on driver side .. But blows on passenger a little not much at all when I'm driving ... If I come to a complete stop I don't feel nothing at all..
Category: BMW
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Are you saying you have little to no air flow from the system, dose the blower motor have all the speeds and is the Ac an heater working? This vehicle uses blend doors and water control valves to fine tune the temperature as desired on each side of the vehicle. Post back with complete information and I will try and help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The heater doesn't work at all... The ac only blows a little on the passenger side when the car is driving
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car was parked over a year cuz I was out the country .. When I try to start it the battery was dead.. I jumped start it ... Car started up fine .. The ac n everything was working fine ...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The battery wasn't any more good so I had to buy a new one .. I installed the battery n everything worked fine as normal ... I left the country shortly after for another month n came bac n realize when I started the car up the ac just stop working
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The little airflow Tha comes out passenger is ice cold but it's not blowing hard enough n only I would only feel it if the car is driving ... If I come to a complete stop the airflow wud stop
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Before you do anything, try rebooting the system. To do this disconnect both battery cables and touch them together for a few seconds. After doing so, reconnect them and see if the problem clears.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'll try it now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still didn't work ..
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

You may have a couple of concerns here but let start with the blower motor first. See it in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Blower%20motor%20Nov%208.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
basically your saying u want me to check if the blower motor is working
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Yes check to see if its working and also if it has all the speeds.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay ... My blower motor is Spinning but slowly at one speed
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Where you able to run the test steps I sent you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's only working at one speed no slower or faster ...
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

As a power management function, the vehicle will reduce blower motor speed if it senses low voltage in the battery/electrical system. Make sure the battery is in good condition and the charging system is working properly.

If the battery checks okay and the alternator is charging properly then you are going to need to run the test steps in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Blower%20motor%20Dec%206.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything charging how it suppose too ... Battery is brand new had it changed 7 months ago and alternator is charging as well
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay then run the test steps I sent you in the new link.