peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I recently installed a Bluetooth TCU module in my 2008 BMW

Customer Question

Hello. I recently installed a Bluetooth TCU module in my 2008 BMW X3. I am trying to pair my phone and nothing happens when I press the "face button. When I press the R/T button PHONEBOOK EM appears on the screen. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing to check here is to make sure the correct blue tooth module was installed and to make sure it was installed correctly.If a fault is found with any of these here this will need to be corrected.If you know for sure the correct module was installed and installed correctly on some models a dealer has to code/program the blue tooth option using their computer into your vehicle.I would check and see if this is something that needs done on your model here.If this was already checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.