gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

The rear window on my Audi A6 only goes up half way and then

Customer Question

The rear window on my Audi A6 only goes up half way and then turns around and goes back down. And it's raining.
Category: BMW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

That would be your "pinch protection"- meaning that it is encountering some kind of resistance. I would check the window seals, and watch the window as it goes up to see if it seems to be pressing hard on the inside or outside edge of the glass. The best thing is if you could lube the window guides/seals with some silicone, but even just getting them wet may help. If the glass has tension due to a curvature of the door frame, you can often roll the window down and push or pull on the upper edge of the door frame to tweak it slightly, while holding the rest of the door stationary.