Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2007 bmw 525 keys locked in trunk- car locked too far to go

Customer Question

2007 bmw 525 keys locked in trunk- car locked too far to go to trunk release button?? To open??
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What question did you have about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how to open w/o keys which are locked in trunk
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
The car is designed to only open with keys. You can't just open it without them.
Your only chance, save of drilling into the trunk or ordering a new key from bmw, will be to have a tow truck driver try to gain cabin access via a door wedge or similar entry tool and then try the trunk release button.
I would suggest just ordering a key and paying the $250.
Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how to open ?? would mean to me the question asked, I stated all I did. Would hitting the trunk release button open it, I used a 6' long tool and was 2" short of reaching the drivers side trunk button.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating
it may or may not open the trunk, it depends what lock mode the car is in.
a tow truck driver will have professional tools and be able to hit the button and at the very least get you into the cabin.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
An honest answer must be rewarded, despite the bad news I expected.Thanks for your sincere thoughts.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
you are welcome. please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got into the car and pulled out the trunk button and jumped it with 12v and the trunk opened, please send me the $26 back, I will not charge you for this tip.