Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

I have a 2005 X5 4.8is. While driving down the ghway it

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2005 X5 4.8is. While driving down the highway it suddenly died and says engine.fail.safe.prog also trans.fail.safe.prog. along with the DSC failure symbol...I stopped on the side of the road and attempted to restart it but it wouldn't do anything besides chime when the key was turned forward, wouldn't crank over or anything... I disconnected the battery for bout 2HRs hoping for it to reset the computer. When I reconnected the battery and tried to start it, it started and ran for about 5-8min then just went blah and died, throwing the failsafe check again. Now back to square one with no start or cranking while trying to start.. Help please
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today
What kind of help are you seeking?.