eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech 15 + years foreign domestic & european
6149662

I have a mini s countryman. Just had the oil changed after

Customer Question

I have a mini s countryman. Just had the oil changed after about 5000 miles. Had noticed the oil light just started coming on when stopped at a stop sign or such. Service tech told us the car only had 1 qt. of oil left in it. is this a common problem? Car is a 2011 and has 74000 miles on it.
Category: BMW
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

is it leaking?or smoking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They say it doesn't seem to be leaking. It smokes once in a while when its first started
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

that is excessive consumption, Likely by your description its a valve seal or valve issue. I would suggest a compression and leak down test to verify where the oil is going

Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you