Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

How do reactivate self levelling suspension on BMW 2005 x5

Customer Question

How do reactivate self levelling suspension on BMW 2005 x5 4.4i
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hello,
what exactly do you mean by "reactivate" - what did you do to deactivate it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not deactivate it....I purchased the vehicle used...was told front shock absorbers had been replaced but not with hydraulic shocks...there is an error message that states "self levelling submission inactive" speed not exceed 60h...so I do not what took place that resulted in self levelling option becoming inactive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know if the failure of previous owner to install hydraulic shocks when her replaced front shocks resulted in self levelling suspension becoming inactive...first BMW x5 that I own and am not familiar with this system
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
unfortunately there is very little chance that this can simply be reset - this warning means that something in the system is defective, not that it just needs to be reactivated
there is a calibration that can be run using a BMW dealer scan tool, but more than likely the system is still faulted and requires repair.
there are many, many different failures which can trigger this warning, the only way to verify is to first have the fault logs read from the car using a BMW scan tool. This is the next/only step at this time.
if you need a shop for this check out www.bimmershops.com or www.bimrs.org for options
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.