Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years Fixing Cars and Trucks
7276279

I have a 1988 bmw e30. I am having a problem with carbon

Customer Question

I have a 1988 bmw e30 . I am having a problem with carbon monoxide coming in to the cabin of my car . There are no exhaust leaks and vacuum lines are tight . Is there a common problem that i should look for or any other ideas that i should look for ? Thanks for the help .
Category: BMW
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Dan,

In most cases if you are smelling exhause fumes in the car that usually means the system IS leaking someplace between the exhaust manifolds and the tail pipe out the back, in order to determine where the leak is you are going to need to get the car up in the air and closely inspect the complete system from the front to the back. Its likely you do have leak and it has been over looked.