Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

I have a 07 bmw 650 I I just changed the shell out on my key

Customer Question

I have a 07 bmw 650 I I just changed the shell out on my key fob and yes I do have comfort access the battery was changed last week in it. Remote was working fine the only reason I changed the shell is because it was cosmetically worn out.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The remote will only crank the car when plugged into the socket all of the comfort access and keyless options have quit working
Expert:  CHEVYEATER351 replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you with this. You stated that you replaced the casing, just for clarification did you disassemble the key and transfer the circuit board? This issue sounds more like the key was replaced and I say that because Comfort Access will only work on keys that are programmed as 1 and 2 in the module. If the key is replaced then you will be able to use the new key but the Comfort Access will not work because the new key is possibly labeled in the module as key 3, 4, etc. you will need to take the vehicle to a shop that has access to change the key number back to one or two. If you have a second key see if the Comfort Access works with that one. If it does then the other key needs the key number changed. Make sure you take both keys because there is no way to tell if the other key is one of two and you may cancel the other one out.

Was this issue corrected? Do you have more information or need more help with this issue?