Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have been having some issues with my 2004 325i BMW last

Customer Question

I have been having some issues with my 2004 325i BMW last couple days it would have trouble starting would click when I turned it over but wouldn't start I have been having it jump started yesterday after I had it jump started it was acting weird I would turn my brights on my radio would turn off then back on and my dash lights would flicker turn stop ran it around for an hour got home turned it off went to see if it would turn back on and it has no power at all no car lights or anything just completely dead. Later on threw night my alarm kept going off but the alarm was weak it wouldn't stop so I disconnected the battery. Any idea what's going on?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
Has voltage been measured?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Knechts said battery was bad and that my alternator was bad both needed replaced then went to Napa and they said battery was good was pushing 900 volts out and alternator was good so I have no idea what's going on. The yellow piece that is attached to my battery broke I read that it is air bags can that have anything to do with it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Napa thought it sounded like an electrical problem that might be draining my battery
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
there are several things that could be going on.
most likely you have a failed alternator or battery - or both.
it is also possible that you have a bad/loose cable or connection, or some kind of parasitic battery drain. A battery drain seems unlikely based upon what you've described.
all of the above can be tested in a very straightforward manner so I would suggest investing in a proper professional diagnostic, not relying on free tests from auto parts stores.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.