Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

Problem with my convertible top

Customer Question

problem with my convertible top
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hello
did you have a question about your convertible top?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is not working properly here is a little history... the top stopped midway through the open cycle a while back .. I did some tinkering and found that the left bower cable (facing front under the back seat) broke at the box. I replaced the bower cable. When I activated the roof it would only release or unlock and go no further. I found that the hydrolic Fluid was low so I added fluid. The top now begins the cycle but needs a little help - the windows go down, top un locks and goes back but needs a push before it goes in the compartment. Also the lid clses but does not lock. When I close It everything works but i need to use my hand to pull down the roof so it locks at the top of the wind shield