Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years Fixing Cars and Trucks
7276279

I have a 2006 bmw x5 3.0l it keeps popping a P1093 code. I

Customer Question

I have a 2006 bmw x5 3.0l it keeps popping a P1093 code. I replaced the mar sensor and took and cleaned the idle air control valve. And the lower intake boot. And it still comes back. Any ideas. I ordered a iac valve rubber boot to replace the orignal one . any hepl would be nice thank you
Category: BMW
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The code P1093 in most cases set due to either a failing fuel injector(leaking) or a bad HO2S sensor or sensors with the sensors being the most common caused for the over rich code. To check it run the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/HO2S%20Ocr%2018.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok which o2 sensor do i change which are the pre cad. And post cad. Haven't been avle to do the test so i figure i wpuld change the sensor with 120 thousand miles on it it looks like the orignal one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The one you want to change are the pre- cat sensors , there are the common ones to fail.