Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2002 BMW 745. My dash board doesn't light up

Customer Question

2002 BMW 745 li. My dash board doesn't light up
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean by "dash board" do you mean the instrument cluster?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It stop working after the alarm system went of and I wasn't there with the key and it ran the battery down. And the gages haven't worked since
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
What has been checked so far? Only fuses?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only fuses
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
One moment please
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Even if you are on a subscription plan with multiple questions, you must still select a positive rating to credit your expert for his/her time, although you will be charged nothing additional beyond your subscription rate.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
If no fuses are blown then unfortunately this can really only be an internal fault with the cluster, which will require it be replaced.
You can check connections at the cluster, but there is no reason these would be an issue.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.