Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I got a 2011 Mini S TB in my shop today, it was hacked up by

Customer Question

I got a 2011 Mini Cooper S TB in my shop today, it was hacked up by another shop, it look like they replaced the DME from a salvage yard and the coils aren't firing and I'm getting three DTC's 2DD7, 27DA, 32E2
Category: BMW
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

When you say it was hacked up by another shop, do you mean that the wiring as cut and rewired and if so, any of the wiring involve the coils or other secondary ignition components

was the DME wiring involved in the hacking it up

As much detail as possible will help in proper diagnosis

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
some wires were cut in line with the secondary ignition system, there are three wires going to each coil two of the wires are hot while cranking the black wire on each coil has a grounds a signal
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, have you traced them to make sure that they were reconnected correctly, as well as being soldered back together for no voltage loss

And I will need the vin number for pulling the schematics