Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Reggie 2002 745 parkingbrake. Gears all crushed in

Customer Question

Customer: Reggie 2002 745 LI parkingbrake . Gears all crushed in Actuater.Brakes Sound and feel like they are still engaged. will move but they sqeak. Question can I release the brakes and do I even need to fix the parking brake
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Trying to stop the noise.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to BMW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hello
what have you tried to manually release the brake so far?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer.
there is only one manual release possible on this car.
if it does not work, then you would need to have the lines cut or brakes otherwise manually released by a professional
if you dont fix the parking brake, you will have a warning light and will not have a parking brake to use if needed. I would not advise driving a car with no parking brake, but if you dont care about a warning or lack of parking brake, you dont need to fix it. I would recommend fixing it.
here is the manual release procedure: https://app.box.com/s/ushy61bouz35ij93uixfmd2u680jlaur