peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

2010 btw 528i x nav system seems to be working fine, except

Customer Question

2010 btw 528i x nav system seems to be working fine, except when I press the iDrive execute button to begin the route download nothing happens. rest of the computer system seems to be working fine. this just happened, so it could just be a balky response. but the nav system calls up points of interests, past addresses, etc. everything works except the executive, or begin route command.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a software issue in the nav system itself with a dealer needing to update the software or reset it.I have seen software cause issues like this here before.If this has not been done this is what I would have checked and performed to see if this resolves this issue.In some cases this can be due to an internal electrical fault in the nav unit itself with it needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.