cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

X5 7 seated a/c rear vent giving no breeze and in front when

Customer Question

X5 7 seated a/c rear vent giving no breeze and in front when on max little breeze come's iut
Category: BMW
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

First, I need the year of your X5. Second, I need the last 8 of the vin number to pull up the schematics for your hvac system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Year is09 vin# *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need a reply now please I am waiting
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

sorry for the delay. I am having severe computer issues, so I will opt out so you can get quicker service

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please reply me asap is whole day now I am waiting head to get my a/c working properly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am still waiting for a response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please answer me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A/c rear vent not working in 7 seater and when a/c on max little breeze coming out of vent on a hot day you're sweating . X5 BMW 09 please reply me asap thank you.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

hello my name is ***** ***** will be helping you today

Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

are you still needing help with your ac

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

ok i will be more then glad to help you out so your getting no air to the rear ac and very little up front is that correct

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's correct
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

dose it change if you move the vent position

Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

and is your fan kicking on when you have the ac on

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Air does change fan is working
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

so you get air if you change the vent position are is still very little

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
very little it's on max now and it cannot cool the van
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

ok that means your blower motor is not working correctly more them likely its the blower motor resistor that has went it out as it is very common they get to hot and burn out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A/c is colding but no power in the breeze
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

right i under stand that when the resistor goes out you will still get cold air coming through the the vents it just wont blow like it should

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to get a blower resister
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

that is correct it will solve your problem and they are easy tio put on your self

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have to take out the blower motor and where is it position
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

it is on the back of the blower motor two screws to take off you should not have to remove the blower motor to get the resistor off

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Blower motor is in left front
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

sorry the blower motor resistor for that model is actually in the dash i have sent you a picture

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how I getting to that
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

just remove the center console cover and you can take it out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My vehicle is right hand drive
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

it will still be in the same spot

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok still have two quick questions when idleing about 20mins strong diesel smell and white smoke coming out of muffler what to do and when driving at low speed gears changing rough. .
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

sounds like you may have a intake leak to much water is mixing with the gas emission as for the rough gear change the transmission fluid may need to be changed are the transmission filter is clogged up if you need anything else please let me know and be sure to rate my service when you get the chance and keep in mind even after you rate my service you can still ask questions

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I go about to fix that leak in intake
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

the intake gasket has to be replaced

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks hope I get through
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

i hope so as well if you need anything else let me know and be sure to rate my service when you get the chance please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi now spoke to the BMW company inquiring about the blower resister they told me it has 2 do I have to change 2 and where. The other one is situated
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

you should only need to replace the one in the console

Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

the other one is on the blower motor its self but i dont think it is bad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok cool and that is the same pic you send me
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

yes it is

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good day having a problem with same x5 starting to smell diesel smoke inside van believe it is coming from a/c haven't change blower resister yet could that cause it or what could be causing it please reply asap thank you
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

normally you would have to ask a new question as it is a different problem then what your original one is but i will answer it any ways but please be sure to rate my service when you get the chance as the question stays open till your problem is taken care of but to answer your question no the resistor would not cause diesel smell to come in from the vents it sounds like you have an exhaust leak more then likely from the manifold

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

not a problem please rate my service when you get a chance let me know when you get the resistor in

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok cool I am going to put it in on Saturday so will let you know
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to bother you again I want to order the gaskets now online could you give me the correct names of gasket you think I should change
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

the exhaust manifold gasket

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cool
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

ok talk to you later

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good day change blower resister and same problem then to realize it have a a/c filter under the dash clog a/c working just the rear vent in trunk it is a 7 seated no breeze coming. Out tell me now what to check now
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

ok so your blower motor is working try removing the rear vent cover lets make sure nothing is clogging it up

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything good no clog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello problems now with diesel smoke smelling in van when driving slow or van at idling speed coming from a/c vent feeling. Dizzy please guide me through this thank you
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

did you check the exhaust manifold

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Exaust manifold good smelling nothing in engine room certain times while driving. Slow in traffic it would start to smell or when the van is idling it would start
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

have you changed your cabin air filter

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I change 2 in engine room and 1 under dash the one under dash was clog when change I started to get full breeze in a/c I bought after market ones for the 2in engine room