Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Rick Lapinsky, I have a 2007 Mini ***** *****, the internal

Customer Question

Customer: Rick Lapinsky, I have a 2007 Mini ***** *****, the internal ac blower is only working intermittently any idea what it may be, or where I should start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I turn on my ac or just hit defrost or anything sometimes the air will blow out and sometimes it will not
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to BMW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

When it does it decide to work, does it work on all speeds?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, good. the resistor and the control panel are good. This is going to be either a loose, loose connector or dead spot in the blower motor.

I have uploaded directions to access the blower motor and replace if needed.(see attachments)

You will need to access it, and with fan switch on, wiggle the connector and wires to the blower motor and see if it starts or stops working. If it does, then you will need to repair the loose wire at the connector.

If no difference, then a dead spot in the blower motor and you will need to replace it

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are what both these pictures show located on the drivers side?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

yes, the first is the trim panel underneath the driver side of the dash. You have to remove it to remove center side panel shown in second diagram as the blower motor is behind the lower center of the dash and that is where you access it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what i see under the cover
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, can I get the 17 digit vin number for your vehicle

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WMWMF33517TT50803
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, attached are directions by your vin number. Same side, but further up behind the dash

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks