Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years Fixing Cars and Trucks
7276279

Have an 06 mini and haven't driven it couple weeks. First it

Customer Question

Have an 06 mini and haven't driven it couple weeks. First it turned on. Then the next time, when I turn the key, everything comes on but won't turn over. Any suggestions?
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After many tries, the engine turns over. Runs and drives fines. When stop and turn off engines and restart it, it will start. When I don't use if for an hour or so, the problem comes back. Been reading online and people are pointing out to selonoid or battery ground contact.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing can be caused by any of the following with the starter being the most common.

• EWS Unit
  • Key
  • Starter

In order to determine the actual cause you are going to need to so some testing, see the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/No%20crank%20Oct%206.pdf