Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2006 BMW 330i window trap malfuntion

Customer Question

2006 BMW 330i window trap malfuntion
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hello
what question can I answer for you about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can i fix it? Window trap malfunction annoying chime sound. Window goes up and halfway down
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
To reset, there are a few procedures that can be used:
1)
with the door closed:
hold the switch up until the window is closed, then hold for 5 additional seconds after it closes
Then hold the switch down until the window is open, then hold for 5 additiona seconds.
2)
with the door closed:
hold the switch up until the window is fully closed, release the switch, then hold again for 2 sec
hold the switch down until the window is fully open, release the switch, then hold again for 2 sec
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried to do the but when the window reaches the top it imediately goes halfway down
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating
unfortunately in that case, if it drops itself even when you try this procedure, then that means that the window needs to be initialized with a BMW scan tool.
only a dealer or a BMW specialist will be able to do this. you can look for a non dealer on www.bimmershops.com or www.bimrs.org
I am sorry to deliver bad news, but I trust that my time and answer is appreciated on a Saturday night.