Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years Fixing Cars and Trucks
7276279

How can I solve the problem I have with my BMW X5 having no

Customer Question

How can I solve the problem I have with my BMW X5 having no indication of the Transmission gear position on the console? Do I need to replace new module and how can I solve that. Please, help me on this issue. I just ordered a new control module that I thought to be the problem but still not installed. What do you think would be the problem since it does not shift while running.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to add up some more details in regards ***** ***** question: My BWM X5 V8 made in 2003 has no indication of transmission gear on the console and I cannot start it (not cracking). The only way I can start it is to jump the relay or the starter. The engine is good. It happens suddenly when I stopped the vehicle for shopping, one I went the car I could not get it started and had to get the mechanic who helped me jump the starter to be able to drive back home but with only one gear as it never shift to different one. I just paid the amount asked and now want to see at what appoint you can help solve this issue. I will wait for awhile to get your answer.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to try and help you determine what is causing the indicator concern as well no crank, the first thing you are going to need to do is to have the system scanned and see if there are any fault codes setting including the Electronic Driveaway Protection System (EWS) which is the security system that reads the keys, If you can get the scan done and post back with the results I will try and help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no scanning tool at this moment and as I mentioned, I can run my car jumping the start but it does not shift for another gear and also there is no indication of the position where the gear (transmission) is looking on the console board. I think there should be some tips since you have been repairing cars over the years. Just try to tell me where and what I need to check and the possible cause since the vehicle cannot crank and nor indicates the position of the transmission. I don't know how it works there but I was asked to pay $26 and I should be satisfied from your answers.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

You are not charge anything unless you rate the answer and any money you have paid remains your in your account till you are satisfied. Unfortunately due to the complex nature of the car its going to be very hard to give you a quick fix with out scanning the computer system, about the only thing you can do with out the fault code and or codes is make sure all your fuses are okay and none are blown. I can open the post back up for you if you would like to see if someone else has something different to offer. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure, try to open that for me to see if there was someone with the similar problem so I can have a cloud on it. Thank you and waiting for your response.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Doing so now, if someone has something new to offer they will respond to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello! I here again asking why I cannot have any response since then? I was charged an amount of 26 dollars but have not given what I asked. I will like my money back if there is no one to respond to my question. How can you charge someone if there is nothing provided. I have been waiting so long with no response. How could it be! I beg you to please respond to my request or refund my money to my account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See how I was charged. Paid withVISA x-8941You'll see "PAYPAL *JUSTANSWER" on your card statement.Exchange rateKz3,609.08 AOA = $26.00 USD1 Angolan Kwanza = 0.01 US DollarTransaction ID69W43643KC3425050
Seller infoJustAnswer+8***@******.*** ID29281672
Your purchaseJustAnswer$26.00Shipping$0.00Handling$0.00Tax$0.00Purchase total$26.00Fee$0.00Total$26.00
See details on classic site