Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have 2008 BMW 335i. I would like to know which is the wire

Customer Question

Hi, this is Jose. I have 2008 BMW 335i. I would like to know which is the wire or the fuse of the ECM and your comments about to install a relay in series with this wire to kill the power via a GPS remote access activation.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Can I ask why you are wanting to disable the gps remote access activation as normal means of disabling it will also disable your audio system and the navigation system. So knowing the reason why may help in coming up with an alternative plan to meet your goals.

It would also help to have the 17 digit vin number to pull the correct schematics

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eric:I have installed in my vehicle an aftermarket GPS tracking module that have an output to drive and optional relay, which may be
trigger remotely. For that reason I would like connect a relay between the V+ wire to the ECM to stop the engine of the vehicle in case it is stolen. Since, the power for the GPS module is taken from another source, it will continue operating even with power removed from the ECM. My vehicle VIN number is ***** If you need more information , please let me to know.
Thanks.Jose
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Oh, ok. I was thinking you were wanting to disable the factory tracking. This is much different and to be honest, I have never installed one and dont feel comfortable enough on this to give you correct directions that would not fry the ecm. I will opt out and see if another expert has ever done one of these installs.

Do not reply back until another expert replies, otherwise it locks it back to me and prevents another expert from helping. If you dont hear from another expert, this will mean that we dont have any online that have done this type of install before. We want to help, but not if we may get it wrong and cost you $1000 for a new ecm because we didnt get it right.