peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

1991 525i Automatic. Had an accident and it bent the Front

Customer Question

1991 525i Automatic. Had an accident and it bent the Front Body Radiator Support (Part # ***** 13 1 978 181). I purchased another 1991 525i for parts and there are two radiator pipes going through the Front Body Radiator Support that enter the left side of the Front Body Radiator Support and exit on the other side of the Front Body Radiator Support. Don't know how to take them off and not damage and re-connect as designed. Thanks for the help!
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you can follow the pipes to see where they lead and connect to see if there is a connection that can be loosened or removed to then remove the support with pipes attached.If there is no connections found on this here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure why I was charged $19.00 for something I already figured out in the space in which it took to have someone answer my question. I'm asking for a credit back as nothing was provided I didn't figure out. No offense to the expert - just in the space of the reply time, I got it figured out and shouldn't be charged.