Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years Fixing Cars and Trucks
7276279

I have a bmw 740il, 1997...the brake lines were cut, i have

Customer Question

i have a bmw 740il, 1997...the brake lines were cut , i have replaced the bbrake lines and the car will not start.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correction the avs lines were cut actually 2 of the 6 lines were cut
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Cut break line should not cause the car to not start, in order for the engine to start and run you need good spark, injector pulse, proper fuel pressure and good compression, if you can check each one of these things and see which one you are lacking I will try and help you determine the cause.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Post back when you can with the results and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the car will start with the key on and a jumper swith on the starter but the trans will go in reverse but the only other gear is high gear in the auto trans
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If you take your 12 volt test light and or volt meter are you getting key on power to the starter relay on pins 86 and 30? Have you check all of your fuse to make sure none are blown?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please cancel this service