peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

E34 bmw 535i I pull the hood release lever and the hood will

Customer Question

e34 bmw 535i
I pull the hood release lever and the hood will not release. The cable is intact and I can pull on it and it moves about 1/4"
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you haven't yet have someone push down and pull up on the hood back and forth at the same time you are trying to release the hood.In some cases this will allow the hood latch to release.If this does release it make sure you lubricate the latch to keep this from occuring again.If this does not work let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.