Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2008 m5 with manual transmission and the clutch

Customer Question

I have a 2008 m5 with manual transmission and the clutch pedal stopped working without warning and cannot be depressed at this point.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What has been checked so far?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are about to pull the transmission today and inspect the condition of the clutch but my question to you is more whether or not you think think the clutch plate could cause the clutch pedal to become stuck or is the problem with a hydraulic component and how would you go about diagnosing the problem.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated.
Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
I would expect the problem to be hydraulic.
I would diagnose by checking the hydraulics hands on and removing them if necessary
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.