Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Here's a good one. I recently purchased an 06 X5 3.0i,

Customer Question

Here's a good one for you. I recently purchased an 06 X5 3.0i, without navigation system. its in great shape and is wonderful, but does not have an auxiliary audio input. I bought bmw part number *********** (auxiliary audio input kit) which I understand from several sources is correct for my vehicle. The trouble is wiring it up. The instructions say that if the radio wiring harness already has a 12 pin connector then I should remove the 3 wires from the auxiliary input kit 12 pin connector and insert them into slots 3,4,and 10 in the 12 pin connector in the radio wiring harness. The problem is slots 3 and 4 are already occupied. To further complicate matters the 12 pin connector on the radio wiring harness is numbered the opposite of that on the auxiliary input kit. But either way 3 and 4 are occupied. Any suggestions?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, first, I need the 17 digit vin number for your vehicle as well as the model and serial number of your audio unit in order to pull up the connector pinouts and wiring diagrams to walk you thru this one

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure. The vin is 5UXFA13546LY41460. The following numbers are on the radio which BMW calls the MID (multi-information display)
65.82-6914606 and 760923104067452262. I guess the first is the model number and the second is the serial number.
Good luck.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, give me a couple of hours with this and see what I can find for the solution

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind. I was looking at the wrong connector. The connector I wanted is on the back of the cd player, believe it or not. Since I no longer need help is a refund possible?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

Ok, no problem