Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2007mini convertible, just developed wind noise, I think the

Customer Question

2007mini convertible, just developed wind noise, I think the top is just not quite closing all the way, is there any adjustment
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does latch properly, I did find the hydrolic res. I think, there is a + mark in the middle and that is the level of the oil
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do have a scheduled appt. at a dealer and told them to look at that, they without looking at the car seem to think it is the rubber seal, the seal looks fine to me.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, I need the 17 digit VIN number to pull up both the proper adjustment procedure as well as check for any known issues with the convertible top causing wind noise

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WMWRF335X7TF67095
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, first, there is an adjustment procedure for the top, which is a bit indepth. I have uploaded it for you. There are not any service bulletins for known issues on wind noise, but I have encountered a couple where the seals around the side where windows seals cause some noise

But the first step is doing the adjustment and only then, if still getting wind noise, check and replace seals as needed

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks