Chris (aka-Moose), BMW Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Have a 2002 745il and the car has no spark on one whole bank

Customer Question

have a 2002 745il and the car has no spark on one whole bank
Category: BMW
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Below is a link to the file I will be using.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/02bmw.pdf

With the key on, all the coils should be getting power on the green wire and ground on the brown wire. Can you verify that, half the coils are on one fuse and the other half on another fuse. If the they have this, then its the computer to blame as long as no wiring issues are noticed.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked and It does have power and ground...is just getting no signal...if I get a used computer does that need to be programmed ....?

You are correct, a computer replacement will require that computer to be programmed into the vehicle.