Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2012 clubman. different lights [headlight taillight,

Customer Question

2012 clubman. different lights [headlight taillight, blinker] started going nuts last week. Sometimes work sometime not. Bulbs ok. Dashboard warning light does come on
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What dashboard warning exactly are you referring to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will have to come back to you to be sure but one is a light bulb like a snowflake and the other is a headlight.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Please confirm when you can, or post an. Image
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not post image
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Steve are we still working on this ??
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hi,
I am still waiting for you to post an image or provide a detailed description of what lights are on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Steve described as best I could on the 22nd
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Most likely the issue is an internal fault inside the bc1 (the control module for body and lighting functions).
The only way to verify is via a proper diagnostic on a bmw/mini diagnostic computer. When this module is replaced, it requires programming, something that can only be done with a bmw/mini diagnostic computer.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.