Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Mini countryman won't start. Seeing key symbol on dash and

Customer Question

Hi mini countryman won't start. Seeing key symbol on dash and wipers are moving slowly?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What question can I answer for you about this? Are you wanting to know possible causes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are trying to determine if it's the battery or a fault with the key fob, however we've tried both key fobs
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
If you have tried both keys it cannot be a key problem.
It could be a weak battery so you should try to jump start the car if you have not yet. However, it could also be an immobilizer or other computer related issue, which would require professional diagnostics, parts replacement and/or reprogramming.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thankyou
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome. Please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating to complete the question